• To make this place safe and authentic we allow only registered members to participate Registration is easy and will take only 2 minutes of your time PROMISE

Question Increased number of rape cases in pakistan and Motorway rape incident

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Everyone,

Looking at the current situation of our country and most recent rape incident that happened on Lahore to Sialkot motorway.

What do you think is most appropriate solution to stop such inhuman acts?

What is the main reason for these incidents?

We all know there are many such incidents that go unreported . Because people dont want to lose their respect or because they know that they are not going to get justice.

zharar

thats a big question how do we change personally i am born and brought up in the west ( uk) but i have spent a number s of years living off and on in lahore pk min of 4 months at the most max 2 years....i think firstly the attitude towards how men and society in general perceive women has to change a lot ...the roles in society must not be concrete and base on religion and culture ....if pk wants to be a world beater and it can post covid 19....it needs to undiscriminate not just against women but also against minorities.....and make it attractive to people from outside to move there and set up business's......back in the 70's and 80's it was a world leader in sporting goods and a popular destination for westerners ,,,it needs top get that back ....up untill the mullahs took hold pk was a top destinatiuon for pop and film starts to break there world tours in karachi and other cities in pk....

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
i think firstly the attitude towards how men and society in general perceive women has to change a lot
I think the main issue is how our culture and Media shows Women and the relationships is the main issue. Most people of our country are poor and they do not spend luxurios life like what they show on television.

When our youth continously watch those dramas showing Love affairs ( Almost every tv serial shows this). They get into frustration and try to mimic those things, But that is generally not possible in real life because here its not like what we see in TV serials for example A man approaches a women and propose her and she agrees to marry or date. We have to change these things and show the reality because our People need to learn about the Ethics and Morality from basic. We have totally forgotten what it is.

Also the system is not strong enough to punish the criminals. Most of the people in Pakistan who do crime are serial criminals almost 80%. Because they have spent a week or two in Jail and realized nothing happens even if they rob or rape people. People are scared when they commit a crime for first time, after that they get familiar with the system and clearly understand how to escape .

zharar

I think the main issue is how our culture and Media shows Women and the relationships is the main issue. Most people of our country are poor and they do not spend luxurios life like what they show on television.

When our youth continously watch those dramas showing Love affairs ( Almost every tv serial shows this). They get into frustration and try to mimic those things, But that is generally not possible in real life because here its not like what we see in TV serials for example A man approaches a women and propose her and she agrees to marry or date. We have to change these things and show the reality because our People need to learn about the Ethics and Morality from basic. We have totally forgotten what it is.

Also the system is not strong enough to punish the criminals. Most of the people in Pakistan who do crime are serial criminals almost 80%. Because they have spent a week or two in Jail and realized nothing happens even if they rob or rape people. People are scared when they commit a crime for first time, after that they get familiar with the system and clearly understand how to escape .
interesting do you think then that education is the key it sounds like it..

PKFarmer

legacy from the previous gov..
You have a good point, but then what ruling government is doing? continued with legacy!.
Being a ruling government they are responsible for each activity within the country, PM refused and make up lame excuses. Why not we are still able to empower law?

zharar

You have a good point, but then what ruling government is doing? continued with legacy!.
Being a ruling government they are responsible for each activity within the country, PM refused and make up lame excuses. Why not we are still able to empower law?
i feel the new govt has had enough on its plate dealing with unpaid loans and corruption from previous govts that it probably should have but wasn't in a position...the trouble is that these schemes were set up with a lot of monies from outside but built by companies owned by relatives of politicians so no interested in the future just how much they can fill there pockets with...i am sure it will change but it cant happen overnight ...yes the govt is responsable but only for the things they do not what others in the past have done to create this situation....karachi is a good example people blame the new govt but the city has been run by others for many years ...i think you can equate this to many issues in pk..

PKFarmer

i feel the new govt has had enough on its plate dealing with unpaid loans and corruption from previous govts that it probably should have but wasn't in a position...the trouble is that these schemes were set up with a lot of monies from outside but built by companies owned by relatives of politicians so no interested in the future just how much they can fill there pockets with...i am sure it will change but it cant happen overnight ...yes the govt is responsable but only for the things they do not what others in the past have done to create this situation....karachi is a good example people blame the new govt but the city has been run by others for many years ...i think you can equate this to many issues in pk..
If just talk about Karachi, there are 13 MNA of the ruling party, all those get 13 crores for development. Did you know what they did with this budget?

I agree with you, he is struggling, but what about whole PTI 156 seats... all of those are working on just loan? what about other issues.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
but then what ruling government is doing? continued with legacy!.
I also believe this is very valid point. I am personally a supporter of PTI and Imran khan. But whenever a serious blunder is done by this government they say its due to previous governments.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Also if we watch TV these days. We see around 2 to 3 new rape cases reported daily.. Why people were not reporting such cases before this motorway incident?

PKFarmer

I also believe this is very valid point. I am personally a supporter of PTI and Imran khan. But whenever a serious blunder is done by this government they say its due to previous governments.
Am also the PTI voter, but unfortunate am disappointed. IK round off each allegation, being PM if he continued said we are covered with mafia, govern party know mafia but they can do nothing mean mafia is the government.