• To make this place safe and authentic we allow only registered members to participate. Advertising and link posting is not allowed, For Advertising contact admin.

Information Best engineering degrees to get job in Pakistan

Mutahhar

Hi,

Being professional engineer i just want to give information to new students about best engineering degrees and marekt value

There are many engineering degrees being offered in pakistani universities these days, I am computer engineer with professional field experience, But i have realized there are many problems faced by engineers who do not have job references. Fresh engineers cannot even get a reputed job even after spending million rupees to get an engineering degree.

There are many reasons behind that. In Pakistan there are more engineers than the number of jobs available. There are hundreds of universities in lahore only. These universities offer engineering degrees in around 10 disciplines. But the situation in the market is very bad. I just want to suggest new students to choose wisely and go after those degrees and skills that are in demand.

Here is a list of Best engineering degrees to get job in Pakistan.

• Software engineering.
  • Telecom Engineering.
  • Computer engineering.
  • Network engineering.
  • Mechatronics engineering.
  • Petroleum and gas engineering.
  • Aerospace Engineering.
  • Electrical engineering.
  • Mechanical engineering.
  • Civil Engineering.
I have seen that most number of jobs in the market are for Software engineers, Web developers, Mobile app developers and Network engineers, All the other fields have very bad job market and fresh students have to struggle for getting a good job. Companies hire people on internships and probations for months . And after this hard struggle they are paid around 20 thousand/ Month.

On the other hand software engineers (if they are skilled) Can get a starting job of around 40 thousand per month. And opportunities are great , they can start freelancing or join some freelancing communities to partner with other senior developers.

p.s These details about best engineering degrees in pakistan are given based on my personal experience . I am network engineer at HBL Pakistan

Mutahhar

What would you say?
If you have interest in a field and want to pursue that with passion. You will surely have a bright future, But you would have to do struggle and work hard to do something different and unique.

The thread above just states the current situation of Engineering in Pakistan. In no way i am trying to say that Civil engineering is bad. You can even get a great job. But if you are an average student you would have to struggle. The situation in Pakistan right now is that you have to be best.

Read this Post->> Never think about scope

Good luck :)

Basit

Here is a list of Best engineering degrees to get job in Pakistan.

• Software engineering.
  • Telecom Engineering.
  • Computer engineering.
  • Network engineering.

Waaaah...!!! Very happy to see software engineering at top of your list. Main b yehi kahoonga k Pakistan main agar scope hai to bas software engineering ka hai. Companies ap k pechy ati hain. Lekin bohot kam log real main software engineers hotay hain. Programming is must if you want to be software engineer.

I completely agree with your list of best engineering degrees

Saad

• Software engineering.
  • Telecom Engineering.
  • Computer engineering.
  • Network engineering.
  • Mechatronics engineering.
  • Petroleum and gas engineering.
  • Aerospace Engineering.
  • Electrical engineering.
  • Mechanical engineering.
  • Civil Engineering.

@Mutahhar mujhy ap ki list se ikhtilaf hai :)... In Pakistan we still have huge number of jobs for mechanical and Mechanical engineers, My uncle is in Wapda and he says we need talented electical engineers more than ever before. Electrical engineering is still best engineering degree. Regarding software engineering i have seen some minor diploma holders building great websites.

Electrical engineering is field of ENGINEERS. I dont consider web developers or small level designers to be engineers actually. Sorry but this is true. Engineer ko ye suit nahi karta k wo ek choti c company main web design ka kaam kar raha ho. Aur paksitan amin software engineers bas yehi kaam kar rhy hain

Mutahhar

mujhy ap ki list se ikhtilaf hai
Zuroor Sir, Har insan ki apni soch hoti hai.

My uncle is in Wapda and he says we need talented electical engineers more than ever befor
If this is the case than Electrical engineering would be best engineering degree for you :) You have a solid reference. But not for those fresh students who have to apply through legal means.

Regarding software engineering i have seen some minor diploma holders building great website
Bilkul sahi ..... If a diploma holder can work better than an Engineer than he deserve that job, Engineer should be different than diploma holders. And he should prove that in his field. Diploma holders do not know about servers and computers, Electrical concepts, They just do what minor information they have

Electrical engineering is field of ENGINEERS
This is rude sentence, Har engineering field ek samundar hai. Aur yahan baat ho rhi hai Pakistan ki. Pakistan main sab se barry electical engineers Hall road pe milty hain. Jin se log Engineering k final year projects banwaty hain. To i would say those technicians are better than Electrical engineers??

Sorry but this is true. Engineer ko ye suit nahi karta k wo ek choti c company main web design ka kaam kar raha ho

I would recommend you to get in depth detail about software engineering. Your knowledge regarding software engineers is KACHA.

Read about Mark zuckerberg, Bill gates etc. Pakistan main b esay esay software engineers hain k apki soch hai

Aur paksitan amin software engineers bas yehi kaam kar rhy hain
NetSol, Arbisoft etc ye companies Pakistan main hi hain bhai, Worldwide distribution hai inki. Kabi lahore aien apko real software engineers dikhain gy :)

Omer atiq

I agree with @Mutahhar @Saad you should read about software engineers in detail. The work they do is real engineering effort, Programming is not for everyone only best people can be programmers.

Designers are not engineers, They are User experience designers.

End pe yehi hai bhai k har bandy k pas ek skill hai aur wo skill dusray k lie mushkil hai.

Koi Electrical engineer programming nahi kar sakta. aur koi programmer UPS nai bana sakta.

Saad

hrough legal means.
Main b legal means se hi apply karoonga SIR. Koi b kar sakta hai.

To i would say those technicians are better than Electrical engineers
Technician Engineer k level pe kabi nai aa sakta, Projects banany main aur field main kaam karnay main farq hai.

depth detail about software engineering
I know about software engineering. Lekin it can never be better than electrical engineers.

Read about Mark zuckerberg, Bill gates etc. Pakistan main b esay esay software engineers hain k apki soch hai
Ha ha software engineers se jab b pucho unko bas ye 2 naam aty hain..... Thek hai har software engineer Mark zuckerberg hai.

Kabi lahore aien apko real software engineers dikhain gy
Shukriya lekin Islamabad main b bht software houses hain aur main yehi dekh k khush hoon k wahan kya kaam ho rha hai

genuinepte2

Bro, I want to go abroad to get a mechanical engineering. And maybe like to work there. My question is which country is best to move?

Basit

Bro, I want to go abroad to get a mechanical engineering. And maybe like to work there. My question is which country is best to move?
Bro, it is up to you what you want to do. And I hope someone will suggest you best country to move. But i think Pakistan is the best country where you could get more noble and respectful earning and cheapest degree.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sir, I want to ask, Which degree is best for the girls? what is the scoop of this degree for the girls?
@bint-i-noor Software engineering is best degree for girls, Since engineering field is dominated by male engineers, Some job descriptions like mechanical engineering and electrical engineering etc are hard for females.

A women software engineer can have a bright future as a freelancer or remote programmer.

Ume.Habiba

Every degree is valuable. The most passed degree in Pakistan is engineering. Engineering has many domains and specializations. Several types didn't make it to the top ten list.
With the revolution and advancement in technology, after every 5 to 6 years, different engineering degrees emerge to top according to the global and national requirements.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but at the moment software engineering telecom engineering etc are at the top